Our next yard sale is now scheduled! Start getting your stuff together for Saturday, September 18 – because the sale will run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Want your address to appear on the list? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking forward to it!
Thanks to everyone who came out on Sunday, July 4 – and ESPECIALLY to our amazing volunteers! This great event would not have happened without each of you and we really pulled it off!
We got some great shots throughout the event, please check them out here and add any you’d like to share!
We are trying to make the Independence Day Celebration happen for the kids in our neighborhoods – can you help out that morning?
We promise you will be home in time to BBQ or hit the pool!
- Parade Start: help set up and Bon Air Fire Company, and hand our little gifts for the kids
- Pretzels & Water Ice: after the parade & ceremony, help hand out water ice and pretzels from the Hilltop Snack Shack
- Cards for the Troops: we have supplies to let our families write or draw cards to be sent to our tropps abroad. You’ll hang out at the table and keep things going!
- Help with Games: we are hoping to have a few fun races and games for the kids and adults – but will need help with them!
- General help: not sure what you want to do? Sign up here and we will use you where needed!
The 2021 newsletter recently arrived in mailboxes – did you get yours?
If so – please take some time to read all about our Civic Association and what we plan to accomplish this year.
Then make sure you turn to page three, fill out the membership form, and mail it back with your $10 membership fee!
Want to read the newsletter online? Check it out here!
Thanks to everyone who made our first Food Truck Friday a success! The Red Brick Pizza Truck SOLD OUT and had to stop taking orders sometime the day before they arrived.
They apologized for the issues with the order pickup system, but at least we all had amazing weather to enjoy!
Look for future events like this!
That’s how much we raised by selling 61 sweatshirts as part of our latest campaign for our parks!
Thank you to everyone who helped make this a success – I hope you love your sweatshirt!
We’re excited to bring the Red Stone Pizza Truck to Hilltop on Friday, March 26. They offer amazing wood-fired pizza – and even have some gluten-free options.
How it will work: about one week prior to the event, we’ll provide a link for you to place your order, make payment, and select your pickup timeslot. To help with social distancing, we’ll be spacing pickups every 15 minutes and they will have your food bagged and ready when you arrive.
The truck will be parked at Hilltop/Steel Field (the lot off Steel Road.)
We ask that you place all orders as soon as possible to help us better prep, and they will only accept orders until 10:00am the day of your delivery.
Check out their awesome menu items here!
We’re always looking for new events for our members – if this works out we’ll set up more Food Truck Fridays!
Here’s the schedule of our meetings for 2021 – please consider joining us to learn more about what is happening in our neighborhoods!
Congratulations to our winners – and thanks to Elena Alma and her family for all their hard work running the contest!
- Plan for Trick-or-Treating on October 31 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- The CDC recommends everyone Trick -or-Treating wear a CDC-compliant mask.
- It is not safe to wear a costume mask OVER a protective mask, so plan accordingly.
- Maintain six feet of social distancing from people outside your social circle AT ALL TIMES.
If you plan to hand out goodies during Trick-or-Treating:
- Place a table 8-10 feet from the end of your driveway, or a similar spot outside the home. Decorations are encouraged!
- Wash your hands according to CDC guidelines before touching goodies.
- Place goodies (individually-wrapped candies or small bags) spread out across the table so that one item can be grabbed without touching the other items.
- Encourage Trick-or-Treaters to come up to the table and not past it.
- Please leave your lights on to signal you are welcoming Trick-Or-Treaters. Turn your lights off once you are no longer giving away goodies.
If you plan to go Trick-Or-Treating:
- Take turns approaching tables one person at a time, and wait on the sidewalk while others select their treat.
- Only touch one treat and take the first one you touch, unless the homeowner indicates that it is OK to take more than 1.
- Only go to houses with a table in the driveway or near the front porch.
- Walk on the grass if necessary to maintain social distancing from other groups.
- Please walk on the right side of the street as much as possible.
Did you hear the big news? Hilltop’s Halloween Scavenger Hunt is HERE!
Before you start, make sure you are a member of our Civic Association – your support helps events like these happen! It’s only $10!
Next, check out all the rules and a printout to take on the hunt HERE.
The whole thing is designed to get us out and about in our neighborhoods! Enjoy!
Many of our members pay their dues online. Why? Because it is EASY!
There are two steps:
- First, fill out the online membership form – to let us know who you are!
- Second, pay using PayPal! The surcharge is only $0.75 – a little more than the price of a stamp!
Would you rather just print out a paper form and pay by check? You can do that too just click here!
Once you are done reading, please send in that membership! You will get members-only benefits and updates!
Side note: if you don’t have it, don’t fret. To keep costs down, we mail it using a bulk permit and that can mean extended delivery timeframes!