- Plan for Trick-or-Treating on October 31 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- The CDC recommends everyone Trick -or-Treating wear a CDC-compliant mask.
- It is not safe to wear a costume mask OVER a protective mask, so plan accordingly.
- Maintain six feet of social distancing from people outside your social circle AT ALL TIMES.
If you plan to hand out goodies during Trick-or-Treating:
- Place a table 8-10 feet from the end of your driveway, or a similar spot outside the home. Decorations are encouraged!
- Wash your hands according to CDC guidelines before touching goodies.
- Place goodies (individually-wrapped candies or small bags) spread out across the table so that one item can be grabbed without touching the other items.
- Encourage Trick-or-Treaters to come up to the table and not past it.
- Please leave your lights on to signal you are welcoming Trick-Or-Treaters. Turn your lights off once you are no longer giving away goodies.
If you plan to go Trick-Or-Treating:
- Take turns approaching tables one person at a time, and wait on the sidewalk while others select their treat.
- Only touch one treat and take the first one you touch, unless the homeowner indicates that it is OK to take more than 1.
- Only go to houses with a table in the driveway or near the front porch.
- Walk on the grass if necessary to maintain social distancing from other groups.
- Please walk on the right side of the street as much as possible.
Did you hear the big news? Hilltop’s Halloween Scavenger Hunt is HERE!
Before you start, make sure you are a member of our Civic Association – your support helps events like these happen! It’s only $10!
Next, check out all the rules and a printout to take on the hunt HERE.
The whole thing is designed to get us out and about in our neighborhoods! Enjoy!
Many of our members pay their dues online. Why? Because it is EASY!
There are two steps:
- First, fill out the online membership form – to let us know who you are!
- Second, pay using PayPal! The surcharge is only $0.75 – a little more than the price of a stamp!
Would you rather just print out a paper form and pay by check? You can do that too just click here!
Once you are done reading, please send in that membership! You will get members-only benefits and updates!
Side note: if you don’t have it, don’t fret. To keep costs down, we mail it using a bulk permit and that can mean extended delivery timeframes!
- our newsletter - arriving in mailboxes soon!
- our website - you can access the form to mail it in, or do it online with PayPal! visit www.hilltopcivic.org (and click on About Us)
- At the event - we will have a membership table at the event so you can join before you attend.
Tonight’s HilltopCivic Association Meeting is cancelled. We will reschedule it and share the new date when it is determined. Thank you.
Hilltop Civic Association and Kelly Music for Life are thrilled to present a classic rock concert in the part featuring the Road Dogs!
New this year: FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL AGES!
Donations appreciated for the Kelly Center Construction Fund. In addition, food, drinks, and snacks will be available to purchase from local vendors.
Doors open at 6 p.m., music begins at 7 p.m.
Bring Your Own chairs/blankets.
Please - Carry In, Carry Out – Keep our parks clean!
- Gallon-size plastic bags (Ziploc style)
- Pop tarts
- Drink boxes, capri suns, yoo hoo, kool aid, etc.
- Single-serve apple sauces
- Single-serve pudding
- Single-serve fruit cups
- Candy (no chocolate!)
- Cereal bars (i.e. Nutri Grain bars)
- Granola bars
- Single servings of peanut butter or Nutella
- Rice krispie treats
- Most importantly: a note of encouragement
- Also needed: 18” plastic bags with handles. Can be purchased at A.C. Moore, HomeGoods for $1.
We hope to see you at our 2018 meetings! If you have a topic you'd like us to cover (even with a guest speaker) please let us know!
All meetings are held at Bon Air FIre Company.