Join your neighbors on Thursday, May 24 as our community comes together to make “Angels in Motion” blessing bags. The bags will be given to an organization to distribute to the homeless and addicted.
What you can do:
Come to Bon Air Fire Company on Thursday, May 24 at 7 p.m.
What to bring:
Yourself! And if you could help us out by bringing ANY of the following supplies as a donation, even better:
- Gallon-size plastic bags (Ziploc style)
- Pop tarts
- Drink boxes, capri suns, yoo hoo, kool aid, etc.
- Single-serve apple sauces
- Single-serve pudding
- Single-serve fruit cups
- Candy (no chocolate!)
- Cereal bars (i.e. Nutri Grain bars)
- Granola bars
- Single servings of peanut butter or Nutella
- Rice krispie treats
- Most importantly: a note of encouragement
- Also needed: 18” plastic bags with handles. Can be purchased at A.C. Moore, HomeGoods for $1.
Angels in Motion started with one woman’s efforts to rescue her child from the disease of addiction. While searching the streets of Kensington (a neighborhood in Philadelphia), for her son, Carol Rostucher saw that many other children and loved ones were suffering and lost as well. Carol began to open her heart to the streets and spread her love where it was needed the most. Her efforts included treating each person as an individual and offering her genuine compassion and understanding, and providing “blessing bags” which contain food, snacks, clothing, hygiene products and resource information to obtain help when they are ready.
For more information on this project or organization, visit aimangelsinmotion.org.